I found an old review from early-July, so am creating TLP's post now even though there's nothing more since then. Feel free to add more reviews in the comments below.
ORIGINALLY POSTED BY "ANONYMOUS" ON July 4, 2011 3:32 PM at http://dsthof.blogspot.com -------------------------------------------- TLP:
Amber Clegg- Doesn't seem very talented in the recoloring department. Her kits appear to have a lot of recolored doubles of elements. Some of her stamps and alphas are cute, but I don't see any kits I would buy.
Amy Martin: Creative element packs but very simple looking templates. I like her stitching.
Amy Wolff: I didn't see anything that appealed to me, but nothing looked 'bad' either. Just not my style.
CD: Very artistic stuff, but some of the previews confuse me, I am never really sure what is the packaging and what is product.
Lili: Cute alphas. The kits and element packs aren't anything special, though.
Emily Merritt: Loving the theme specific items but the kits are much too small to warrant the price. Does she not make the paper packs into kits out of laziness? I found myself wishing some of the paper packs had elements to match.
Gina Miller: Very weird pairing of realistic and digital elements. How is this person at TLP? I see a lot of CU element templates used.
Heather Hess: Stick to fonts. The doodles are not very well done.
Jacque: Love the themed paper stuff, but again- wish some of them were included with a kit.
Jenna Desai: I haven't bought from this designer before, but will in the future. I like a lot of the doodled elements I see. I didn't like much of her older stuff, though.
Karah Fredricks: Some of the element packs are cute but others are oddly recolored or strange pairings of realistic and digital elements. Her paint clusters look fantastic. I prefer larger kits most of the time, and she seems to make mostly mini kits. I would consider purchasing element packs though.
Kate Hadfield: New favorite of mine, her stuff is super cute and always well drawn. The prices are great for the amount of time I'm assuming it takes her to create them.
Kaye W: Basically the felt version of Jacque. Wish there were more full kits. The felt pieces are very cute, though.
Lauren Reid: Cute alphas. Ugly kit colors. All of her solo kits are too small and don't look very user friendly. Okay to look at but not much to scrap with.
Rachel Young: Weird patterns and ugly colors (mostly BYOC, so not entirely her fault).
Sahlin Studio: Not my style but she is good at what she does. When I think of her, though, I always think of the paper company rip offs that were posted on this blog a few months ago.
Sara Gleason: I'm not sure why, but it always irritates me when template designers don't stick to the same colors for their templates and previews. Makes their shop look sloppy, IMO. The clipped shape templates look cool, the rest isn't really my style.
The Tattered Pear: See Emily and Reid reviews above. :P
Valorie Wibbens: I like her stuff because she's pretty close to Emily's style, but actually makes the full kits. Some of her color choices are a tad gross, and some of the doodles are not as great as the others. Also small kits for the price.
ORIGINALLY POSTED BY "ANONYMOUS" ON July 4, 2011 3:32 PM at http://dsthof.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete--------------------------------------------
TLP:
Amber Clegg- Doesn't seem very talented in the recoloring department. Her kits appear to have a lot of recolored doubles of elements. Some of her stamps and alphas are cute, but I don't see any kits I would buy.
Amy Martin: Creative element packs but very simple looking templates. I like her stitching.
Amy Wolff: I didn't see anything that appealed to me, but nothing looked 'bad' either. Just not my style.
CD: Very artistic stuff, but some of the previews confuse me, I am never really sure what is the packaging and what is product.
Lili: Cute alphas. The kits and element packs aren't anything special, though.
Emily Merritt: Loving the theme specific items but the kits are much too small to warrant the price. Does she not make the paper packs into kits out of laziness? I found myself wishing some of the paper packs had elements to match.
Gina Miller: Very weird pairing of realistic and digital elements. How is this person at TLP? I see a lot of CU element templates used.
Heather Hess: Stick to fonts. The doodles are not very well done.
Jacque: Love the themed paper stuff, but again- wish some of them were included with a kit.
Jenna Desai: I haven't bought from this designer before, but will in the future. I like a lot of the doodled elements I see. I didn't like much of her older stuff, though.
Karah Fredricks: Some of the element packs are cute but others are oddly recolored or strange pairings of realistic and digital elements. Her paint clusters look fantastic. I prefer larger kits most of the time, and she seems to make mostly mini kits. I would consider purchasing element packs though.
Kate Hadfield: New favorite of mine, her stuff is super cute and always well drawn. The prices are great for the amount of time I'm assuming it takes her to create them.
Kaye W: Basically the felt version of Jacque. Wish there were more full kits. The felt pieces are very cute, though.
Lauren Reid: Cute alphas. Ugly kit colors. All of her solo kits are too small and don't look very user friendly. Okay to look at but not much to scrap with.
Rachel Young: Weird patterns and ugly colors (mostly BYOC, so not entirely her fault).
Sahlin Studio: Not my style but she is good at what she does. When I think of her, though, I always think of the paper company rip offs that were posted on this blog a few months ago.
Sara Gleason: I'm not sure why, but it always irritates me when template designers don't stick to the same colors for their templates and previews. Makes their shop look sloppy, IMO. The clipped shape templates look cool, the rest isn't really my style.
The Tattered Pear: See Emily and Reid reviews above. :P
Valorie Wibbens: I like her stuff because she's pretty close to Emily's style, but actually makes the full kits. Some of her color choices are a tad gross, and some of the doodles are not as great as the others. Also small kits for the price.